Monday, February 02, 2009

Weekend knitting.

I had planned to work on UFO's this weekend but the call of the new projects was too loud.

All these pictures are in the wrong order but the only thing I didn't try was making a separate post for each picture. Read the post backwards if you really must see them in chronological order.



I finished these socks late Sunday evening. They were started in ~2002. For some strange reason, I decided to ignore the suggested needle size for the yarn and knit the 6-ply yarn with 2.5 needles. They almost stand up by themselves but they are never going to wear out.



I cast on for this Blanket on Saturday evening. I am using Baby Bamboo. The pattern is from Sirdar's "The Baby Blanket Book" It's a great pattern to knit with lots of change in the patterns.



This was cast on Saturday morning. It's "Helena" from Knitty and the yarn is hand dyed bamboo that I bought in New York for this sweater.

I'm not hinting by knitting "pink". We still don't know if the new baby is a boy or a girl. I'm just tired of the yellow, green and white knitting.



Finally, or first of all, depending on how you are reading this, I cast on for these fingerless mitts on Friday. They are "Can Cans" and the yarn is SpinKnit's* hand dyed. Now that Balzac Billy saw his shadow and we are going to have six more weeks of winter, I may even get these finished and be able to wear them.

This was I weekend in which I planned to do nothing but watch TV and knit. Cooking meals, laundry, cleaning were all NOT on the planned list of activities. Leaving the house or even getting dressed was going to be optional. My plans changed on Saturday morning when I remembered that I had signed up for a one day retreat with my Stitching Guild**.

I might have knit more if I had stayed home but it was a great day with friends who share an interest...no, passion for all things fibre. When Mary told us she was looking for towels in DMC 223, we immediately could visualise the colour she was looking for. When Ann asked for our advice on the project that was going to run off the fabric, we could all put in our two cents worth since we had all run into similar problems and all had different solutions.

*spinknitthefiberqueen.blogspot.com
**Calgary Guild of Needle and Fibre Arts.

1 comment:

knittinggrammy said...

OMG Woman, I cant imagine how much you'd have finished if you had knit all weekend - WOW!!