Thursday, February 19, 2009

I've been here before....

dé·jà vu
Pronunciation: \ˌdā-ˌzhä-ˈvü, -ˈvue\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, adjective, literally, already seen
Date: 1903
1 a: the illusion of remembering scenes and events when experienced for the first time b: a feeling that one has seen or heard something before
2: something overly or unpleasantly familiar



I'm knitting a Superman sweater. I've knit this pattern before.

I'm using "Baycrest Sayelle". I've knit with yarn before. This was my yarn of choice for many sweaters I knit when my kids were little and the nieces and nephews were little.



I'm using my straight needles....size 8....old size 8. I'm using Aero needles out of my collection. These were my favorite needles. I was a needle snob. I wouldn't spend my time knitting with poor quality plastic needles.

I've been here before.

3 comments:

Annie said...

the question is... will you be there again?

;)

Unknown said...

Hah! Annie you kill me. I sweater looks Great and he'll be a hero in it for sure!

Anonymous said...

Mom,
(Sing along...)Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Looks cute! Maybe someday you'll revisit the rainbow sweater or the cat face, my old faves!