Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Finished Projects and a decision

In this heart, the baby's name will be embroidered.....if she is the kind of baby that likes pink blankets. If he doesn't like pink, this blanket will be put on the shelf to wait.



This blanket was so much fun to knit. The pattern was written on four pages and I had to flip back and forth to keep the heart looking like a heart. The bamboo has a nice weight and I think it will be perfect for those OK evenings.



When I saw this skein of hand-dyed bamboo in New York, I knew that it was the perfect yarn for this sweater. Unfortunately, just not quite enough yarn for the size I decided to knit.



I used a garter stitch hem instead of the picot hem and eliminated ten rows. I wanted to use an I-cord for the ties instead of the garter stich cord the pattern called for.

So now that I've done some Grandma knitting, I can knit a sweater for me! I'm torn between "Hey Teach" from Knitty in a silk yarn that is in my stash, or some new Cashmerino Aran. Maybe I should knit "Hermia" also from Knitty. I have some Cotton Cashmere in my yarn drawer or there is some lovely green cotton at Make 1 that has been calling my name. I started "Loppem" by Norah Gaughan but I'm not feeling the love for it and I will be ripping out the ten row that I have knit.

I have a new STR kit with heavenly blue yarn and beads that my fingers are itching to start.

Or, I could just work on some old UFOs. They aren't nearly as exciting, but it will feel great to cross some more of those off the list.

1 comment:

Kayla W said...

That's so pretty! I love it! What a lucky baby!