Thursday, January 01, 2009

Reflections and Resolutions

At the end of January last year, I joined a Ravelry group called Mission Possible 2008. I listed 12 projects that I wanted to finish within the year by what ever means were necessary. I could actually finish knitting them, or I could rip the project out and put the yarn back on the shelf or give the whole thing away to someone else, in any stage of completion.

This morning I looked at my list. I completed 10 of the 12 projects. Of the two remaining projects, the Unst Bridal shawl was knit on, but it didn't get past the second border. My Kauni Rainbow cardigan did not see daylight. I'm not ready to deal with it yet. Maybe next year.

In the last year, I completed 31 projects of varying sizes. Included in that total are 6 lace shawls/stoles, 10 pairs of socks (I thought I had knit more...perhaps if I put all the single socks into pairs, that number will look better),4 pairs of mitts, 4 baby sweaters and 1 entrelac stole.

The oldest project that I completed was my Tina shawl. I started in 2005 or maybe 2004. I know that it was sitting on the shelf for awhile.

2009 - Resolutions.

This is the year that I want to become a better spinner. I have a lovely collection of Spindles and two wheels. They need to do more than collect dust.
I was given some very precious quiviet down and Silk Hankies for Christmas. I won't spin those wonderful fibers until I can spin them into wonderful yarn.

More Baby Blankets need to be knit and quickly. I usually knit to deadlines but March 20 is quickly approaching.

The gym? Diet? Getting organised? No point in being unrealistic!

Have a very Happy and Peaceful New Year.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Any help you need to achieve your goals.. well, count me in.

Kari said...

Don't forget to add the two touques to the list! And that you tried to teach your Grandson to knit!!

knittinggrammy said...

Check your Ravelry messages!!! I left your phone number at home LOL!