Saturday, December 27, 2008

Warning Labels

Warning labels can be found on almost everything we purchase. My coffee cup warns me that my coffee is hot. My sleeping pills warn me that they may cause drowsiness and my new knitting needles came with a warning.

"Knitting needles are intended for knitting purposes only. The knitting needles are sharp and should be handled with care, stored with the pointed ends down, out of the reach of children and should not be left on the floor. The knitting needles should also be carried with the pointed end down. The knitting needles should not be used in a moving vehicle due to the possibility they could cause the puncture of the person or airbags in case of an accident. The needles should not be stuck in the ear or in other body parts"

I choose to ignore the warning to not knit in the car. Long road trips are the perfect time for uninterrupted knitting.

Leaving needles on the floor while knitting is attached can accidentally cause the knitting to come off the needles when someone trips over the yarn. Rather than putting all those stitches back on the needle, I think I'll store the knitting....with the points down.

There should be a clarification on the final warning.
"If I catch anyone sticking my knitting needles in his ear or any other body part, the damage that I inflict upon him will be far greater than any self inflicted damage."

So why doesn't sock yarn come with a warning?

"This product may cause uncontrollable shopping. Sock yarn must be kept in large groups for ultimate happiness. If knit, it will require the purchasing of several more skeins to replace the skein that was removed from the stash. Single sock syndrome, also known as second sock syndrome may result from use of this product."

1 comment:

Annie said...

warning: reading this post might cause the reader to spit coffee on the computer screen.

:)