Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The call of the Cashmere was just too loud.

I had planned to treat myself with knitting one repeat of the border each day. That was on Friday. By knitting one repeat each day, I could enjoy knitting this pattern and this yarn for fourteen day... two weeks of knitting Utopia. By Monday night, I had finished the shawl.



It was worth it.



The next project will be a completed UFO. The Gillihook Heritage Knitting Guild is challenging us to finish us unfinished projects. We are to list ten projects and only ten projects. Each month a number will be drawn and that is the project we are to have completed by the next meeting. I am fairly certain that the first project that I should have to finish will not be a single sock but instead the massive shawl that has been languishing on the shelf for three years.

I made a list. I went through cupboards, and closets and drawers and made my list. I now have to choose ten UFOs off the list. I could put several socks on the list since I have six single socks and when I last checked, I do have two feet.

I could put all my lace projects on the list but that would be silly. I wouldn't be able to leave my house for the year as I knit the seven started shawls and one Christening gown.

Two sweaters, one baby blanket, one pair of mitts and a couple of other projects. Before I knew it, my list was twenty items long and logically,I have no hope of completing them all in a year.

And that isn't counting all the projects that I have the yarn for that I'm just itching to start.

Start? Did someone say "Start"? Now that's a much better idea. I think I'll go cast on the new sock yarn that I got last night. Socks are little. They don't take much time to knit. I'll be finished it in no time.

2 comments:

Annie said...

i would have loved to see that in person.. and to feel it actually... i'm glad you finished the shawl, because then i can continue to believe that you were so entranced with it that it was bossing you around (kwim?).

did you cast on socks?

aunty tink said...

No, I was good and worked on the baby blankie. Not fun, but it must get done,