Friday, January 16, 2009

The story of a conflicted knitter.

I've been working on these socks even though I don't like the color and I'm not thrilled with the pattern. They are not what I want to be knitting.



I've been working on this blanket because the new baby will be here in less than two months. It is not what I want to be knitting.



I really want to be knitting this shawl.


I love this shawl. I love the soft yarn that caresses my fingers with each stitch (Jade Sapphire cashmere). I love the pattern that changes enough to maintain my interest (Harbour Lights by Sivia Harding)



I even love the silver beads that came out of my stash to add the perfect amount of sparkle to the knitting. I love knitting this shawl, which is why I am avoiding it. I love knitting it so much that I don't want it to be finished. I'm sure it will be pretty when it is all blocked out and the lace is shown in all it's glory, but I will be finished knitting it. I won't ever have the same connection to it.
If I knit one repeat of the edging each day and only one repeat, I can enjoy knitting this shawl for another fourteen days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh.. beautiful!

tho you're going to have to put your thinking cap on regarding post titles. hehehe...

Anonymous said...

It really is gorgeous! And such self-control; I'm impressed!

Annie said...

you know what.. i totally understand what you're saying. when i finished the bison heartland, i actually cried... now it's sitting in a shoe box.

i think when i initially posted a comment you were just writing/editing the blog. all i saw was a picture or two, and the post had no text or title. i think for a minute or two the title was 'c'.

aunty tink said...

You are right. That's what happens when the fat finger gets too close to the "publish Post" button before you have actually said what you wanted to.