Thursday, March 01, 2007

MARCH 1 - MARCH 31
NO NEW PROJECTS MONTH!

Each time I attempt to find my knitting chair, I trip over various partially completed projects. I can't put my feet on the stool because there are two unfinished socks there. There is another sock on the hearth and two more hidden in the basket.

There are a least three shawls that have been started and that are waiting patiently for me to finish them.

Two sweaters - one with a minor amount of finishing and one that is just barely begun - have been stuffed into the basket.

A baby blanket that is half done has been claiming most of my attention recently.

Knowing that this array of projects has not been enough to keep me from planning new projects. This morning I found my self checking out the stash and looking for new patterns online. (Where is Lily Chin's Reversible Cable Heirloom blanket?)


I have decided that the pile must be demolished or at least shrunk down to a reasonable size.

In several of the blogs that I read on regular basis, my fellow knitters have made 2007 a year in which they knit only from the stash. While this is an admirable goal, I realise that it is a futile goal that is doomed from the start. A year is a very long time. A month is manageable - maybe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.. Looks like you have as many things going as I do and still starting more.. Guess we are just hopelessy addicted to starting... LOL
Lily Chins Blanket is from Knitty Gritty... Look on line.. I think it was the second week of February...
Happy Knitting :)

Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

carmelclose said...

But I bet you never get bored.....I only like one project at a time but currently have four things on the go and it's driving me bonkers!

aunty tink said...

I wish I had time to be bored. There are far too many things I want to knit, and stitch, and quilt, and.....