Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Projects are being Finished!

I hate to think about how long ago this little sweater was started. This isn't it's original shape. I started out with a pattern from a "Knitters" but then decided that it really wasn't working and ripped the whole sweater apart. After I decided on this pattern and had the fronts done, I ran out of yarn for the back, ripped it out and reknit it in a totally different colour.This has been complete for over a year except for the buttons being sewn on.
...and one final blocking will happen before it is donated to a local charity.

Now that it is finished, I'm thinking I should make another sweater with another pattern from Bee's Knees. There is no shortage of sock yarn in this house.


These are my Ladybug socks. The two pair were knit out of one ball of Opal. I had to one sock from the first pair and then the first sock from the second pair in order to get the sequence of the stripes the same. I'm just slightly obsessive about my socks matching.


And this is what happens when you knit one sock in August and the second sock in March. You forget what kind of decrease you were doing (naturally not what the pattern calls for) and then have to rip because, socks must match exactly. Yes, I fully expect that when I wear these socks, everyone will be starring closely at my feet and realise that they are exact matches to each other!

2 comments:

carmelclose said...

Sock OCD is something to be proud of (at least in my opinion), but I'm definately with ya' on the one sock in August and one in March and not remembering what decrease!! That sweater looks awesome, why the give away to charity - don't you like it?

aunty tink said...

I like it but my daughter doesn't. I'll probably check with her before I make the final decision.