Monday, February 26, 2007

My Weekend Projects!

My night time knitting.

I realised that it had been awhile since I had worked on the Babe's Blankie and so I decided that this was the weekend to make some progress on it. As I worked on it, I finally read the directions and found out that the borders are all done separately. This makes no sense to me so I will be picking up stitches on all four sides and knitting my borders in one piece. I suppose that knitting them separately might be simpler for a beginner knitter but this is not a project that any beginner knitter in their right mind would attempt. By the time you get through all the pattern for those letters, you can certainly handle the border done in one piece.

My Daytime project.

I spent most of the daylight hours working on this. Yes it's another new project, but one I felt that I needed to stitch after listening to the program at the Deerley Wrought Sampler Guild last Monday night. This is one of a series of samplers that were originally done at the Ackworth School in England. It was the smallest one that I could find and at 8 x 21 on 36 count linen, there will still be lots of stitching to keep me busy (as if I ever had a problem being bored!)

The socks will have to wait.

1 comment:

carmelclose said...

Oh no, say it aint so....Marilyn without socks on the go.....on no....