Saturday, January 16, 2010

On January 14th, I finished a Christmas Gift.

I started knitting back in December, got side tracked by Christmas, changed my mind about who should get these socks, started a sweater, finished a wrap and changed my mind again about who should receive these socks.
Can you tell that they are not my favorites?

Now this....

is my favorite.*

I knit this wrap once before. I was reminded that while I was knitting the first one, I complained bitterly. I hated knitting all those little squares. Constantly picking up stitches and knitting short rows and turning my work drove me batty.

This time I enjoyed knitting it. It was a good project to pick up and knit after a busy day.

I will admit that I was not happy to rip it out and restart it after I was on the third ball of yarn because I skipped a row of the instructions. I wasn't happy all the other times when I thought I knew what direction that I was knitting in and had to rip out more rows. I wasn't happy when I knit one ball of yarn four times.

But I am happy now. I love the colour. I love the yarn. I love the slight halo and the softness that I got by throwing it in the dryer (wet knitting, towel, dryer balls and no heat for 20 minutes)

I'm keeping this one.

* The color in the photo is off. There is no purple in this wrap. I think I need a new camera, or perhaps a filter. Do they make filters to block purple?

1 comment:

Trish said...

What a pretty purple targello. Wear it with love and pride.

xoxo ;)