Monday, October 26, 2009

I am not a fast knitter

I am an obsessed knitter but not a fast one. So when I decided that I should knit a shawl for Halloween, I realised that I was making an unwise ...no, an insane decision..

I started anyway...last Saturday. Yes, on the 17 of October, I thought I would have enough time to knit a shawl. Finished measurements 84 X 41. Total stitches (not including the ones that I knit twice) are 62,156.

At midnight, I had knit 46224 stitches at least once.

74% of the shawl is complete.

How much time did I spend figuring out the math? Too much! I must get back to knitting now. It's a busy week ahead and I didn't account for blocking time.

Warning -Rant ahead
Does anyone else believe that if the powers that be want us all to get flu shots, that they shouldn't make it so difficult?
Four flu clinics for a city with a population of over a million?
The addresses of the clinics were listed in the paper but if you wanted to know the times that they were open, you had to go on-line. How many people don't have access to computers?
If I go and stand in line at 6:00, will the doors close before I get to the front of the line at 8:00?

*edited to correct the math!

4 comments:

granolagirl said...

Can't believe that people were lining up at 4am for the H1N1 shot - I wonder when they will run out of vaccine...

Arsie said...

News this evening was saying they would stay open until 11, but they closed the lines by 6 to newcomers.

It's crazy! And how is anyone who.. you know, works during the day and week supposed to take their kids in if its going to be like that? I love spending my day in a line longer than any spent in Disneyworld with something a lot less fun at the end when I could be doing something constructive.

annie said...

i was at the hospital yesterday and there was a 'relatively' short lineup there.. tho perhaps the shots were for medical type people only... i'm not sure.

Shell said...

You aren't the only one who feels that way. Wouldn't it make more sense to send nurses (or any qualified person) to the schools and nursing homes/seniors residences so the most at risk people get the shot first. They should have also sent them to doctor's offices and walk-in clinics in addition to having the special clinics. They had months to figure this out so they really don't have an excuse.