Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Long Weekend Camping

We headed out this past weekend for the last long weekend of the summer.  The weather forecast was for rain in Calgary so we drove up the QE2 towards Edmonton, turned off at Lacombe, and headed north again until finally we came to to our camping spot for the weekend.

We found sunshine, and wind and no rain. The golfers were thrilled.

I skipped out on the golfing to start this.  I love the Jade Palace cashmere yarn. It is so soft and cuddly that I was stopping everyone who walked by to make them feel the yarn.  It's wonderful.

I finished two socks on the way to New Norway so I had to start another on the way home. This is "Baudelaire revisited" It's also known as "Upsidedown Baudelaire". I happy with the third start on the sock. I hoping the heel I have planned will also work out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love love love that cable on the sock, and the shawl is too soft for words. makes me want to pick up the cashmere shawl i have been knitting and get back at it!