Friday, September 19, 2008

Knitting on the Road

Day 1 - I thought I would start simply with a sock. Of course I didn't have a pattern and had to guess on the size.


536 kilometres later we were in Great Falls, MT and I had a sock. Just one. I left the second one until I could try on the sample sock.

Day 2 - and a second project to start. This time I had a pattern. I was determined to complete the body of the sweater before we stopped for the night. I also had a broken knitting needle. Each time the needle came apart and five or six stitches dropped off, I wondered if I should admit defeat. It was after all, a little difficult to pick up stitches in the dark.


I'm no quitter. 1101 kilometers later we were in Torrington, WY and I was finished the body of the sweater.

The sleaves should be finished easily in ine day.



Lamar CO, 759 kilometers. Two sleeves, neck ribbing and a correction from the day before.




I finally got around to trying on the sweater today. LD has grown more than I thought and tomorrow I will lengthen the sleeves by couple of inches.

The socks also need to be bigger.

The last 749 kilometers I knit my Tilted Duster. I should have pictures after the trip home.....we're taking the long way home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had all kinds of adventures on your road trip. The little one has certainly grown alot since he left town. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Donna