Thursday, August 05, 2010

I Hate These Socks!

Or , to be more accurate, I hate this one sock...no, half sock.




I got this yarn in a sock club last year and I dutifully cast on the correct number of stitches. I worked away on the pattern that was sent with the yarn but soon realized that I was not thrilled. The sock went into the bad knitting basket.

Several months later, I knew that I would not finish them using the original pattern. I ripped.

I started again with the good old Eleanor pattern. It has worked before, It would work this time.

I wasn't feeling the love. The foot was too loose, so I changed to a smaller size needle . I thought I could salvage the work the had gone into the sock so far.

So, if you have read this blog before, you know where my story is heading.



Maybe this yarn really wants to be a scarf.

1 comment:

Domie's Mom said...

It's not you it is the yarn. I have met my fair share of yarns who do not want to play well. They just don't look or act like they should.

They end up banished to the thrift store, donated to a friend or glued to canvas in my house:):)