Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Best Laid Plans....

Once upon a time, back in June to be more exact, I got brilliant idea. I had a trip planned to OK at the end of June and I thought that if I ordered a Kindle, I could bring it back with me and avoid the shipping charges and the Duty charges that would be added if I had it sent here.

I logged into the Amazon site and ordered my Kindle. They were in stock and with more than a week before my plane landed in OK, there was lots of time for it to arrive. There were a few other things on my wish-list that my daughter had placed there. I thought I might as well order them too. I was sure that they were all very important items or she wouldn't have added them to my wish-list.

A week later, I arrived to find that the kid's golf game was waiting for me. Annie's Kindle that she ordered after I ordered mine was there.

Two days later, the Tyrannosaurus hand puppet arrived.

My Kindle was nowhere to be seen.

It arrived two days after I left. So much for brilliant plans.

Why did it take so long? There was one more item on the wish list.

My Chia pet golf ball head. I'm sure it will look much less ridiculous once it has a full head of green grass hair.

And my Kindle arrived safely too.

1 comment:

annie said...

*snort*