Thursday, August 26, 2010

Not Everything gets Ripped

You may have seen this picture before. It is my Heroine jacket. It was quick to knit and the perfect project to take knit on it the car. It has nice square pieces and is knit on big needles.


Okay, you may have looked at the picture and have wondered why I didn't rip it out. It's seems like it is the perfect candidate for the RRRRIIIIPPPPP.

This is what Heroine looks like after having a vigorous bath in the washing machine and drying for three days.
The sleeves were still a little long after the original felting so I wet them with my plant mister and threw the whole thing in the dryer for ten minutes. They shrank another inch and are now the perfect length.

I am going to make another slight modification. Instead of the front flaps being folded over, I will be removing the buttons on the right side of the jacket and sewing buttons on the inside. The two front flaps work perfectly when overlapped to create a very warm jacket.


Ahhh Moonfleet. This was a mystery stole based on the book Moonfleet. It was interesting to knit because the pattern changed several times, but unlike may other shawls and stoles, the patterns all flowed smoothly so there was never a distinctive break between the patterns. The borders are two completely different patterns but they still match each other.
My one disappointment with this shawl is with the color of yarn that I picked. I knit from four closely shaded yarns but they were so close in color that It appears as though I only knit from two mismatched balls of the same color.

And socks have been knit.

Green Roundy Rounds out of Fleece Artist Casbar (81% merino, 9% cashmere and 10% nylon).

After ten months of allowing the yarn to age and mature on the shelf I knit the teal Roundy Rounds out of Bugga (70% superwash, 20% cashmere and 10% nylon)

The orange socks are Glynis and are knit out of shibui.


I now will go rip out my Geodesic cardigan.

2 comments:

mtlaise said...

Woo! Looks awesome! Amazing what a little felting can do, and I love your idea about unfolding the fronts. Miss ya!

karen said...

that coats is amazing! amazing I say! you are awesome. :)