Sunday, May 02, 2010

It Had to Happen

I was was pulling some supplies together for a class I was teaching and had to make several trips into the sewing room.* I was pulling beads and Zephyr and plastic bags. I finally had everything together and was heading down the stairs for the last time when I caught something moving and I turned around to see this.


There it was. The yarn that wanted to be knit and was not happy at being left behind. It jumped off the shelf and was starting to follow me down the stairs.

I will admit that I had laughed at my friend when she had an avalanche in her yarn room. I was sure that I didn't have nearly as much yarn as Crafty Grammy .
I was smug in the knowledge that unlike Knittingrammy I hadn't misplaced my Koigu because I had so much yarn I would loose track of where it was.

And yet, the evidence was there....right behind me. The yarn was tired of waiting and was going to chase me until I cast on a new pair of socks.

Perhaps "Nutkins"

*No sewing occurs in the sewing room. It's more like a giant closet for yarn and books etc. There is a sewing machine in there but it doesn't get pulled out often. When the machine is used, I sew at the Kitchen table. Perhaps it's time to rename the room.

No comments: