Friday, April 30, 2010

Fridays are for Ripping.

Last Friday the socks were the victims.

Circle socks were the first to go. I should have knit them on 2.5 mm needles and rather than continue on and give them to someone with smaller feet, I ripped.

About the same time I realized that I wasn't enjoying knitting Dreaming socks out of a brown yarn. This was the second attempt at finding the perfect yarn for what is a really nice yarn. I was just not feeling the love for it . I am now looking for a new sock pattern.

Today was finally the day to say goodbye to Norwegian woods. I have been fighting with this shawl since the day I started it. I didn't have enough yarn in the first color that I started with.

Then I misread the pattern and it was too small. I thought everything was perfect on the third start until I realized that while I had enough yarn, I also had two very different shades of the same color. They were the same dye lot, but different colors.



It has been taunting me for too long. I could hear it calling me every time I walked into the sewing room. It was time to silence it. .

Frost flowers is another project that I have spent far too much time on.

I started this one back in 2005 as part of a Yahoo group KAL. When I started, I did not realize how big this shawl actually was. After I started, I found a picture in which it was used as a canopy for a wedding.
I had completed only four of the seven repeats and there was an edging to knit after that. I had already knit 98.7 gms of yarn into a shawl that I don't particularilly like. As I was ripping, I did momentarilly stop and think about finishing the repeat that I was on and just casting off the edge. It would have been big enough.

Nope, I was done with it. It's gone.

Come back next week to see what's next to hit the floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those socks were so pretty though. You were working on them at Gilli-hook last week, across the table from me. Very pretty green. I thought about doing them after seeing yours, read the pattern and knew there was no way in hell I was going to struggle through all that purling.....
Just think of all the nice new things you can knit from all that frogged yarn though. (Evilknittingtwin)