Thursday, May 13, 2010

I can live with some mistakes.

I was knitting my Evenstar shawl. I was only on clue five and I knew that others were already working on clue seven and the edging. I kept plugging away.

I knew that I knit my towers in an unique manner. I was prepared to call it a design element.

There is another error just before the switch from 280 stitches to 560 stitches but since I had corrected that one with a couple of decreases, I decided it was an acceptable fix.

Then, while I was knitting the seventh row of clue five, I saw it




Back on clue three. I thought about restarting, from the beginning with a different yarn but I will rip.....41 rows ... 21,850 stitches. I will then attempt to pick up those 260 and to find my place on the pattern. Did I put in a "lifeline"? Of course not.

I can live with some mistakes but not with others.

40 grams of yarn, 400 yards and 2 hours later....I'm still working on it.

1 comment:

annie said...

oh OUCH.

this frogging/tinking thing just has to stop.