Wednesday, October 08, 2008

FINISHED....AGAIN

On Monday I finished my Tilted Duster. As I was taking the picture to post on Ravelry, I realised that I didn't like the buttons that I had found in my stash, and I didn't like the way the collar bunched up around my neck, and it needed a snap right at the edge to make it close neatly.
Today I ripped it back and reknit it. I am much happier with the new closing. I now have the perfect sweater on which to wear this.
My shawl pin beaded for me by my friend Lorraine.

Sometimes a pattern just needs to be changed.

Tilted Dusted from Interweave knits 2007
Yarn - Berroco Peruvio 100% wool
Other alterations- Ribbing added to the bottom of the sweater to prevent rolling of the stocking stitch sections
-Sleeves were made one size larger.

1 comment:

Annie said...

oh man, that is 10,000 times better, and i'm totally in love with the pin. your friend lorraine is amazing. i think you did a really great job on that sweater. rhinebeck will be drooling.