Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's almost August. Let's knit socks

In a never ending attempt to increase my physical fitness, and to loose ten pounds, I have been walking. An extra 10,000 steps per day. Okay, I'll admit it, some days are closer to the 10,000 number than others but I'm trying.
While I'm out walking, my mind wanders and I contemplate buying resort property in Huatulco. I design lace patterns in my head. I renovate my kitchen. (that last one was a really bad one to get started on.) Today's thought was that we should have a sock exchange.

Crazy? Yes! but it's almost August and a time for crazy ideas. If you read this and want to take part, Send me your name, email address, shoe size and a secret code name. If you have any other colour likes or dislikes, or other preferences, include thoses as well. I'll pass that info along to the person knitting your sock. There are no guarantees. It's just fun to have someone else knit a pair of socks for me.

I'll be conning an unsuspecting member of my family to help me organise this so I can play too. You won't know who is knitting socks for you but you also won't know who you are knitting socks for.

There is a short deadline because I didn't think of this until today. Get your info to me by Friday. You already know if you want to participate or not so just send the email today. I'll get the sock requests to you by the end of next weekend and then we can start knitting.

Completion date for the socks will be Sept. 13. We can get together and drink wine and try on our socks in my new kitchen which hopefully will be done too.

my email?? yarndiva05athotmaildotcom or send me a message on ravelry.

I'd like to think that I'm not the only crazy knitter out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are the only crazy knitter out there...guess you'd better take up a new sport...like golfing!!!