Monday, July 21, 2008

BIG Weekend
Campers came from near and far for the fourth annual Bonar Invitational Golf Weekend. Many golfers drove into Silver Creek Golf course on Thursday and the weekend was off to a flying start. My team did not fare well in the final standings.But we had fun.
Perhaps someone should have told me earlier that Oven mitts do not necessary to achieve the longest drive.
I did have one perfect shot for the day. I took out my toaster-on-a-stick for the par 3, 85 yard drive. My teammates thought I had lost my mind as they had used their 5 woods. Mine was the only ball to land on the green and Mark easily made the 6 foot putt for the Birdie.

We didn't come in last.

Their reward for a hard day's work was to have someone suggest that they should take up a new sport.

Count for the weekend 28 Golfers, 6 campers who only came to visit, 1 photographer, 8 mice who decided that they needed to share our trailer, 4 new knitters!

4 comments:

Kari said...

That is awesome. Too funny, love Uncle DB's face!!

I updated my blog, check the ps.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! I need to take my oven mitt golfing next time.

Annie said...

i love the booby prize! yarn!

phew.. checked out ok, and does carson seem to have doubled in size and ability in the last few weeks? i think you need to move up your trip.

knittinggrammy said...

Glad to hear you had fun!! And what a way to get rid of some yucky yarn that you've fallen out of love with!! Nice to have you back in Cowtown, see you tonite!!