Wednesday, April 09, 2008

One of those days...
I thought that yesterday would be a normal day, running an errand or two, going to work, sipping on a glass of wine after work....a well planned enjoyable day. Obviously, I did something to screw up my Karma.
In the morning, I loaded my car with all my recycling. There is a depot on the way to work and it has been easy in the past to stop by, unload and then go home to a clean garage. All the big green bins have been moved. It appears as though the depot has become a victim of more construction in Bridgeland. (I'm actually afraid to drive down that road again , just in case it were there and I was driving by too fast to notice)
I phoned a another YOL knitter to help her interpret the edging pattern on the Phoenix Rising shawl. While talking with her, I realised that I had made a mistake in the way I had read the pattern...20 rows back...20 long rows....at least 10 hours of knitting. Everyone, and I mean everyone told me to leave it. A blind man galloping by on a horse wouldn't see it. It was a design change. If I wasn't going to enter it into the Stampede, no one would notice that it was different. It bugged me. I thought about it all day long.
The knitters came for S'nB and Trish had made the run at the Sushi restaurant. I had just started to enjoy a tasty order of Tempura before I had a glass of wine and finished D's socks. The styrofoam container slipped off my lap and landed upside down on the floor. A more prepared blogger would have the camera ready and taken a picture, but I was to busy cursing.
I went home in defeat, with my old newspapers and tin cans still in my car. The wine would have to wait. I had a shawl to rip. By midnight I had all the stitches back on the needle and had re knit the first row. Everyone was right. I should have left it.
Today will be better.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooo you make a tear come to my eye. What a crappy day. You should have a least stayed for a glass of grieving wine with the SnB gals. Better yet, you should have left the silly thing.

Oh well, the silver lining in the cloud is that I'm ahead of you on the shawl. I have to enjoy this nanosecond of victory, cuz I know it will NEVER happen again.
Blogless C

Liza said...

Hope today was a better day and that there was something yummy waiting for you when you got home last night.

Liza {who notes, next time remember the galloping horse, 'kay?}

Tallguy said...

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!

some days more than others ....

Annie said...

you're not aunty tink for nothin... i so knew you'd rip it back! think of it this way... you could be me; frogging it completely!

'oops, sorry' was never meant to be eaten. it was bad karma from the first moment. you did get extra sauce tho, right?