Thursday, April 24, 2008

WHERE IS THE SUN???
I'm sick of the snow and cold weather. I'm also fairly sure this is going to be one of those years in which we go from freezing cold temps to blazing hot with no spring in between.
Spring is the perfect season for wearing new shawls....like Phoenex Rising.
I am finished. I had plans to be finished about three weeks earlier but forces (family) conspired against me. Every time I planned to spend the day knitting, DD#1 would show up with the Little Dude and I would have to spend time watching him exploring the house, learning to stand and laughing at his reflection in the mirror. What a hardship!
Year of Lace Project #1
Sivia Harding pattern -Phoenix Rising
Claudia Hand paint silk Lace - Make 1 Colorway
I used smaller beads from my stash.

Since the cold weather is going to be sticking around for another week or longer, it's a good thing I finished D's socks too. He actually had the nerve to complain that the last one's were itchy so these ones knit out of Tofutsies should get lots of wear.

4 comments:

knittinggrammy said...

I see you got the pictures to work. Glad that I had the opportunity of watching you craft that amazing thing (plus I got to see the final product). Looks amazing!!

Jocelyn said...

Hi Marilyn!

I wanted to apologise to you for missing the last lace class last night.

I really enjoy the sessions & it's a nice group of people. It is your excellent guidance that made the sessions so valuable.

I appreciate how kind you are, thinking to collect crochet hooks for us. So pleased to see you've finished the soon-to-be award winning Phoenix Rising shawl! :)

Chat soon,

Love, Jocelyn

Anonymous said...

you did a beautiful job! it looks fabulous. i'd like to see you wearing it actually.

Janet Richards said...

Beautiful shawl - I have the kit and just wound my ball! You did a great job!