Sunday, September 02, 2007

Ravelry Conundrum
Today I got my invitation to join Ravelry! I want to spend time setting up my Flckr account and start taking pictures of my WIP. I need to inventory my STASH and figure out how many UFOs I have. My list of future projects is growing as I read other pages and find new and exciting projects to knit. I'm being introduced to many more blogs to read. There are yarn sites where I can sign up for newsletters to find out about new yarns that I have to add to my Stash and then inventory.
But, if I spend all my time on Ravelry, I won't have any time to knit! I'll never have another finished project to post on Ravelry. If I can never post a picture of a finished project, there's no need to set up a Flickr account. If I don't have time to knit, I don't need more yarn and I certainly won't have time to read all the new books that I'm finding out about.
The thought of it all just makes me tired. I knew the computer was my enemy!
If you have discovered the evil that is Ravelry, I'm AuntyTink.

1 comment:

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Oh yes Ravelry is both a blessing and a curse... I love being able to search patterns, it's the best and search what yarn people choose for which patterns... it's a massive source of inspiration. It WILL make you want to knit even more (if that's possible) than you do now but it does SUCK time. I would say over all it's more blessing than curse. See you there!