Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Okay, I've been home for over a week so it's time to post something about Sock Summit 2009. It was AMAZING. It was well organised with tons of activities and classes. We were surrounded by friendly knitters for Five days. We knit.

We knit for the Guinness book of World Records. (900 knitters continuously knitting for 15 minutes straight) That's the Tsarina of Socks sitting beside Trish.


We did the Stroll at the Sock Hop while wearing our Poodle skirts, and had our picture taken with The Yarn Harlot.

And of course, we shopped. We bought yarn. We bought more yarn. And just in case our stashes suddenly disappeared while we were gone, we bought more yarn.

I also found some other treasures.


The perfect project bag.


The perfect stitch markers. This is a great idea for markers. They also had markers for the left and right decreases.




And just for fun, I bought a bracelet.

It's almost as hard to get a good picture of your hand as it is to get a good picture of socks that you are wearing.

There have been all kinds of rumours floating around for the past week or so. Mainly, that there will be another Sock Summit but not next year. The location may be moved...to Toronto?

Portland was the perfect location. The Convention center is huge. There are many hotels nearby. There is a direct flight from Calgary to Portland and driving home was the perfect length of time to get one sock knit.

The only thing that was missing? Next time we have to convince a few more friends that they need to join us.


3 comments:

Sandy said...

I don't think you'll need to convince a bunch of to go next time. I believe they'll be more going to Sock Summit 2, and I'll be the first one to sign up! I'm quite jealous of you and Trish!

Trish said...

I missed you all. Although the divine Miss M was faboo, I missed the rest of my gals too.

Shell said...

I'll start saving up my loonies.