Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I was looking for a shawl.

I knew where it was. It was on the shelf with the rest of the shawls. But, it was at the back of the shelf and I had to pull numerous other shawls out to find it.



This happens often. Actually, this happens almost every time I decide to wear a shawl. I end up pulling everything out and then I have to put it all back. This pile of shawls also develops as I try to decide which shawl to wear. (It's especially frustrating when I pull them all out and then decide to wear a hoodie instead.)

Now a logical conclusion would be that I have too many shawls. Or at least, that I have enough and should quit knitting them. Sure that makes sense until you look at this.



This yarn started put as a "Mother-of-the-bride" lilac. I hated it.

SpinKnit worked her magic and made it perfect for a wrap named for an Egyptian Queen. It is now destined to become Nefertiti.

In my previous post, I questioned whether I should cast on a new pair of socks. Actually, the question should have been "how many socks would I put on the needles?"


These are Fraggle Squiggle Socks from STR.



These are the Over the Rainbow socks from the Oz Sock Club.

I should be receiving the My Fair Lady kit from Sock Cinema club today.

I expect the Men in the white coats will also be arriving at my door soon.

3 comments:

Shell said...

I'm sorry but I don't understand. You have too many shawls? Nope doesn't compute.

annie said...

the men in white coats are coming to take your shawls; it's a trick.

knittinggrammy said...

I'm on my way to your door and I'll be wearing the white lab coat (it'll have my name on it) - I don't need it anymore LOL!