Saturday, May 23, 2009

Progress

I am winning the battle of the single socks and WIP. For several weeks, my house has been overrun with socks talking to me. At first, it was just a whisper."We're here. We're waiting."

Then, the socks got louder."Are you ever going to finish us?"
My favorite chair became surrounded by UFOs. I couldn't cast on anything new because all my needles were in socks. The socks were mocking me.

I have now completed more pairs of socks than the socks that need to be knit. I realise that I am tempting fate by declaring this publicly but I feel that the battle has turned in my favour. I will win this war.



The single socks have sent for reinforcements. The STR shipment should arrive on Monday.

2 comments:

Shell said...

The mittens are calling my name here.

Annie said...

i dunno.. talking socks make me scared.

know what? i only have TWO pairs without mates. for real.