Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baudelaire Finished

Now to find someone with a size 81/2 foot and skinny ankles. So I thought that knitting a toe up sock would be an more accurate way of getting a sock to fit. That theory works only if you enjoy knitting and ripping and knitting and ripping the heels. This will be in all probability the last pair ot toe up socks that I knit. Toes take much less time to reknit if the sock is too long.
I'd show you a picture but Blogger has decided that you don't need to see the socks to understand my frustration with all things backwards.
This whole backwards knitting issue may be why I am hating my top down cardigan. On the third go round, I finally got most of the sweater done. I am now on my third attempt with the collar and I am preparing to rip it out again.
I am a Lace knitter! Why can I not knit a stupid simple basic cardigan? I Hate It! Deep breaths...Be Calm.....Step away from the pointy needles....

4 comments:

knittinggrammy said...

Poor Aunty Tink....don't give up yet!! Maybe it's just the pattern and not the whole toe up thing??

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a coincidence! I happen to have 8 1/2 sized feet with skinny ankles. :)
SARA

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just don't like your top-down sweater right now and maybe it needs to go for a time out until it starts to behave better. Are you up for lunch one day soon, or even maybe tea?

Annie said...

you cannot fix a collar that is supposed to be a hood! it's clear.