Thursday, October 18, 2007

THE SWEATER FROM HELL!!

On Sunday, I got the brilliant idea that I should cast on a new sweater. After all, the weather is going to be turning cooler soon and since I had this wonderful Malibrigo yarn that was calling to me and a simple top down Hoodie pattern, I would soon have a new sweater. I quickly knit a gauge swatch and cast on. By Tuesday afternoon, I was at the armholes when my good friend Knitting Grammy suggested that I should put my stitches on a string to check the fit. I protested. I had knit a swatch. My gauge was correct. It would fit. I put my stitches on a string and tried it on. I ripped it and cast on the next largest size.
I now had many more stitches on my needle but I was determined. I would have a new sweater soon. By early this afternoon I was back at the armholes. I was ready to place my sleeve stitches on holders. I paused briefly to admire my work and saw it. The missed decrease. Inches back. In the section that I had so cleverly knit while playing on the computer.
This pile of yarn is now my sweater. This wonderful sweater is quickly loosing it's appeal.


2 comments:

knittinggrammy said...

Sorry!!! Seeing as I kind of feel partly responsible for your barf on the floor, bring it in today and I'll frog it back for you to your boo boo. If it makes you any happier, I too ripped mine out and went up one size and one size of needles!! See ya later today!!

Bellflower said...

Oh crap. It's going to be one of THOSE sweaters. I had the opposite problem before I really understood what guage was, only I had finished it & sewn the damn thing together.