Saturday, February 20, 2010

Olympic Knitting

The Challenge - To cast on a new project during the opening ceremonies and finish knitting before the end of the Olympics and the closing ceremonies.
My project was a pair of gloves. I cast on at the appropriate time. I had limited knitting time during the first weekend but I was well on my way to Olympic Knitting Gold.

Tuesday. Disaster. Tragedy. I found a mistake. I thought that I could live with it but like the super-G racer who missed a gate or the figure skater who broke a shoelace, I knew that I was out of the competition.



It was time to change events. I cast on a new project.
This stole was going so smoothly, that I knew I would be finished in time. I blinked. I lost my focus.

I cast on another project.
I can get them done. I will succeed.
I should not have spent three hours last night casting on yet another new project.
Today I am back on track.
Can someone please tell my family that we will have groceries in the house again....after next Sunday.


No comments: