Friday, June 20, 2008

The tale of the talking yarn

Every so often,I end up with a yarn in my stash that mocks me. Sometimes it is because I bought too much of a particular yarn and end up after knitting the project with a few balls left over...not enough yarn to knit another large project, but too much for a scarf.Sometimes the yarn mocks me because it is the wrong weight for the project for which it was purchased. Sometimes a yarn will quietly whisper "I'm here. You bought me with no project in mind and now you are forgetting that I exist."

One yarn in particular was very noisy in it's never ending rant that it had been bought in error.

Before you ask, I bought "Mother-of-the-Bride" purple zephyr because it was on sale. A momentary lack of sanity.

I knit with the yarn and gave the shawl away, but I still had eight ounces left. (Yes, it was a very good sale). I tried giving it away but no-one in their right mind wanted this yarn.
But I was rescued from my shopping folly.This is the result of Annie's dying.It's gorgeous and I love it. The yarn is dancing with gee. It's still talking, but now it is saying "you must find the perfect pattern to showcase my glorious colors".

3 comments:

Liza said...

Well, I kinda like the original colour, but have to agree that the "new" one is gorgeous!

Liza {who's really should be working, but she's not ;-) }

Arsie said...

Ooo That's really pretty! Looks really 'watery' which I love.

Annie said...

That Annie.. she's one hell of a dyer. :)

I hope you find a project that you love!