Monday, December 31, 2007

THE PRECEDENT HAS BEEN SET
Calgary is a Hockey town and my family loves the game. While I know who Iggy and Kipper are, I have never been interested in the latest score, trade, or playoff position. I have been invited to attend several if not most of the games, but have maintained that if I couldn't take my knitting, I would rather stay home. My knitting has always been banned from the games with the threat that it would be thrown on the ice if I dared to be so sacrilegious as to knit in the great dome in the shape of a Saddle.
Saturday night - The Flames against the Ducks - I went to the game and the knitting came out! Granted, this picture was taken between the first two periods and those are little guys on the ice, but I knit all throughout the third period.

I do believe that the Flames played their best hockey during the third period and my knitting was probably the reason they won the game!

4 comments:

knittinggrammy said...

Most definitely the reason however, how come you didn't wear your hand knit sweater to the came - they would have had a shut out then.....

Annie said...

how could they lose with a smile like that in the crowd!

Tallguy said...

Oh, yes, Marilyn, I believe you were the cause of that win. Now, if only you can convince a couple other knitter/hockey enthusiasts to come to the games as well, they will get the Cup for sure!!

Jo said...

Does anyone have a pattern for a
Calgary Flames bulky knit zippered cardigan?
My two grandchildren are Flames fans and want me to knit one #12 and one #34.