Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Seven facts about me.

I've been doubly tagged to list seven facts about myself. I'm not sure I can think of seven interesting facts but I have been thinking about it for a day now and the only way to stop the daydreaming is to put some thoughts into actual words.
  1. I put salt on watermelon. Weird? yes, but ever since I've been a child that's the way it tastes best. My preferred way of eating that same salted watermelon is with a knife and fork. Both of these idiosyncrasies were taught to me by my Grandfather. (no-one said the seven facts had to be earth shattering or even interesting!)
  2. I'm competitive. The easiest way to convince me to start a new project is to say "let's race!"
  3. I've been entering projects in the Stampede since 1988 and have several ribbons awarded for both needlework and knitting. It's that old competitive streak again. My goal is to win the Gina Brown award.
  4. I used to be a co-owner of a needlework store. The day I regained my sanity and decided to sell my share in the store was both one of the happiest days and saddest days I remember.
  5. I'm lucky to have survived my childhood. When I was six, my brother and I were playing with candles in the hay loft. Of course, we started a fire. My older brother left me to put it out while he ran to get help. My grandfather who came to help never did tell my parents. I had to 'fess up the next spring when my Mom found some burnt doll clothes.
  6. I am a Y&R addict. I will rearrange my day so I can be home knitting in my favorite chair when Victor and Nickie make their daily appearance.
  7. I read when I'm away from home - holidays on the beach, weekend retreats or camping. I pack lots of books and tune out everything else. When I'm at home, the TV is on and I'm knitting.

As I look through the blogs, I realise that most of the blogs authors have already listed their seven facts. Feel free to play along without being tagged.

No comments: